I really should be studying right now since my 2nd semester final exams start on Monday, but I’m really just genuinely excited about the 2.5 month summer break that is just 10 days away.
So excited, in fact, that I’m going to write down the things I want to do in it. Things that I’ve been wanting to do all these months but couldn’t due to lack of extended periods of free time.
Here goes nothing!
- Learn how to use Photoshop. My target skill level should be high enough so that I don’t have to bug other people to make simple images for me.
- Read the following books:
- The Hobbit
- The Great Gatsby
- Any one of these Stephen King novels: The Long Walk, Misery, IT, The Stand
- One Hundred Years of Solitude
- Watch a new movie every night. Not just any movie, but a movie that moves me, makes me think in new ways and changes my perspective about things and life in general. Good examples of this include Shawshank Redemption, Forrest Gump and Lion King.
- Take r/dailyprogrammer’s programming challenges regularly to keep my thoray-bauhat programming skills from rusting.
- Play the following games:
- Uncharted 3
- Batman: Arkham City
- Mass Effect 3
- Gears of War 2/3
- Alan Wake
- Exercise 20 minutes per day every day following Lifehacker’s guide.
- Visit the following places:
- That Shangrila hotel up in Skardu everyone keeps visiting
- Androon Lahore, iss baar I’ll check it out sukoon say. Waisay tou hamesha jaldi pari hoti hai. :/
- Try out Biphasic Sleeping
The list looks quite daunting at the moment, but I’m determined to cross off these items off it. I don’t want Summer of 2012 to be just another summer where I completely waste time doing nothing of significance.
I will be updating this post every time I finish a task or add/remove one (priorities can change!). If the experience is good, I may just write about it here on artsyHANDS.
What are your plans for the summer?
Related reading: My Bucket List